We are now inviting members to renew their membership and we also welcome new member who wish to join the foremost aviation club in the North West of England.
[for new members, a pro rata portion of the annual fee is payable on acceptance depending on the date of joining (membership year starts on 1st July 2019).]
To allow for the increased range of benefits offered to members, Full Membership is £108 (Student Membership £54 if you are training at a Barton Flying School)
The newly introduced Social Membership is £20 which does not include the free landings and aircraft hire/training benefits. This membership is none voting but social members may serve on the committee.
Full details are still being finalised.
All applications will be subject to approval by the Committee. Please enclose either the full Membership Fee or a pro rata portion for the time left before June 2019.
Prospective members can download an application form here which should then be sent to the Membership Secretary at PO BOX 472, Sale M33 0BU. Please enclose your membership fee with the application.
Renewal subscriptions must be received by 31st July 2018. Renewals received after July 31st will incur a late payment fee of £20.00. If you apply to renew after August 31st you will be deemed to no longer require membership your renewal application may not be accepted automatically.
Cheques should be made out to “Light Planes Lancs Ltd”
(Please write your membership number on the back.)
then posted to: Julian Yates, LAC Administrator,
20 Belgrave Road, Sale, Cheshire. M33 7UA
Bank transfers should be made to the following account:
Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland
Account name: Light Planes Lancs Ltd
Sort Code: 16 27 11
Account No: 10023549
(Please quote your membership number)
Lancashire Aero Club holds members' personal information on computer under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 exemption arrangements. By renewing your membership you agree to Lancashire Aero Club holding such information on computer for Membership purposes. Your details will not be passed to third parties.
Additionally, below are the amended rules for the operation of the Partner Airfield Scheme, which will be effective from July 1st 2019. The only changes are that the cap on the number of landings has been removed after review of the operation, and members may not use the card to cover landings for commercial purposes.
Partner Airfield Scheme Rules.
1. Members may claim a free landing at certain specified airfields on presentation of a valid Membership Card and completion of the airfield’s records of date, aircraft registration, pilot’s name and membership number. No commercial operation is covered by this scheme.
2. The Membership Card remains the property of Lancashire Aero Club and may only be used by the member. It shall not be transferred or loaned to any other person and may not be used for any commercial activity.
3. The Membership Card entitles the pilot member to one free landing per visit at any of the Partner Airfields. Touch and go’s may not be claimed using the Membership Card.
4. Members may claim up to £5.00 for one landing per month at non-Partner Airfields where a donation has been made instead of landing fees.
5. The Lancashire Aero Club Committee may request sight of a claimant’s log book at any time.
6. The Lancashire Aero Club Committee may withdraw the free landing privilege from any member who abuses it.
7. A list of Partner Airfields and rules are published on the Lancashire Aero Club website and are subject to review and amendment.